Desserts are our best friends, whether you are in a good mood or bad, you will always want to have them. I love desserts and bake them for me and my family. So, this time I decide to bake an apple cake which is sweet yet healthy.How good it is to have a dessert which is healthy, isn’t it? It was really tasty, soft and perfectly textured. I am very happy to share the recipe of this healthy cake with you all. I have tried to make it simple for you by adding another names of a few ingredients and tips for preparation as well. It is very easy to bake and I am sure it will turn out to be really soft, tasty and with a perfect texture.
Here it goes…..
Whole wheat flour: 1 cup
Refined flour: 1 cup
Powdered Sugar: 1 cup
Cinnamon Powder: 1/4 Tsp
Baking soda: 1/4 Tsp
Baking powder: 2 Tsp
Apple Puree: 1 cup
Butter: 150 gm
Toned milk: 1 cup
Oil: 1 Tbsp
- Mix whole wheat flour, refined flour, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder, baking soda & baking powder together and sieve them into a bowl. Keep the bowl aside.
Tip:Â If you do not have sugar and cinnamon in the powdered form then for best results, put them together in the grinder jar and convert into powder form.
- Take about 2-3 apples and peel them. Cut them into pieces and grind them to puree. Take 1 cup puree and sieve it into a bowl so that remaining pieces of apple are eliminated.
Tip:Â Do not grind too much. Otherwise the color of puree will get darker (dark brown) giving the cake also a darker color which will not look good.
- Put melted butter and toned milk into puree and mix well.
- Start putting the mixture of flours into the mixture of puree in parts and mix well.
Tip:Â First put 1/3rd mixture of flour into puree, then put the remaining in 2 parts and mix continuously.
- Now, add oil in the mixture and mix well.
- Now, the cake batter is ready to be put into cake tin.
Tip:Â Grease the cake tin with butter and refined flour before pouring the batter in it and tap the tin after pouring the batter so that it is evenly set.
- Now, place the tin in a pre-heated oven on 180 degree Celsius and bake for about 35-40 mins.
Tip:Â After 40 mins are over, take a toothpick and put it inside the cake and then take it out. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready, if it is not clean then bake your cake for another 5 mins. Repeat the process until your toothpick is clean. But, maximum time your cake will take is 50 mins.
- Now, take out the cake and your yummy and delicious cake is ready!
I personally like it cold. So I cut it into pieces and let it cool then keep it into the fridge for about an hour and then have it with cold coffee or whenever I feel like having it. ðÂ Â After all, it is a healthy cake!
For images visit:
instagram page: @mridulsugarspice
Fb page: Sugar & Spice
You must try it! And comment in the comments section how you like it. Or if you have any queries regarding this, feel free to ask in the comments.
Happy Baking!Â â¥